Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I hit 3500 songs today and additionally downloaded itunes genius, which is actually really perfect for making playlists. Granted, it's not always consistent, but it works much better than I expected it to! I spent last night with friends, again, and the only downside is the complete state of exhaustion I'm presently in. Though, I suppose the "A Fine Frenzy/Adele" based soundtrack isn't necessarily preventing as much as it is lulling me into a comfortable, sleepy state. I can't nap though, because I'm busy cooking dinner and I have to bike over down the street soon to feed the neighbors cats. And on this note, I should mention that I think I've already done more this summer than I have the last one.

Last summer I wrote down the most significant thing that happened to me on each day down on the calendar. Most of these updates consisted of "Played the Sims" or something equally as riveting as "Went outside." I'm planning on this summer working out a little better, though I suppose we'll see.

Whenever I'm sleepy like this, I like to take my ipod into bed with me and try to fall asleep listening to music. Hoping the real music will blend with my near-unconciousness, producing this distorted, musical, dreamlike state. But I cannot physically do it. Despite how quiet, how low-key, the music is, I cannot fall asleep. But it's not the presence of a noise that keeps me up, because I can't sleep in complete silence either. It's almost as if I need the exact conditions established by my bedroom for me to fall asleep.. why I am I sharing this?

I just decided another goal for myself this summer is going to be re-reading all the Harry Potter books. (This will be a summer goal, not a lifetime one.) I used to be completely obsessed, but now I barely remember what happens in them. Not to mention this summer is still another continuation of my tradition with my Uncle Joe to always go to see the movies the night they premiere. It's funny - the first film came out in 2001 and the last one will be coming out in 2011 (Deathly Hallows is split in two parts: one part realeased in 2010 and the other in 2011). That's 10 years that I will have gone to see this with him (wow, brilliant math skills here). But seriously, so much has/is going to change between when they first came out to when the series finishes. The entire thing will have taken me from being a third grader to nearly a freshman in college as the whole "journey" wraps up - and that's if they don't delay anything, like they have done with nearly all the movies so far! Crazy.

S'all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment