Sunday, June 7, 2009

This has easily been one of the longest days in a while. If you were dying to know - playing the sick card did not work to my advantage. In fact, I had to do absolutely everything I was dreading despite "a killer headache" and running on about "an hour of sleep.. tops" Maybe I AM too old for this.. shit, that's a problem. So what was I avoiding on this beautiful day? A soccer game and my cousin's graduation party. It might not seem too bad, and actually that would be a correct assumption - I just build things up in my head to be so much worse than they are in reality. A prime example of that being gym class.. which I have last tomorrow..

But anyway, my soccer game was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. I was planning on getting annihilated but it ended up tied at 0-0, and I got to play a lot too.. not bad. My cousin's graduation party was basically as long and as boring as I anticipated it to be, seeing as I have no relationship with any of my relatives on my mom's side of the family.. but the food was good. And honestly, the food alone saved it from being a miserable experience for me, which is kind of pathetic in retrospect..

Presently I'm listening to the entirety of Day & Age, since I just downloaded it this morning and it's kind of been something I've been meaning to do for awhile. But it was crazy, I'm pretty sure there is some individual or group of individuals out there reporting every illegal upload of the CD to try and prevent people from downloading it. I had to get it from a French site which was kind of a hassle, but whatever, I have it now, all is good.

Man, just talking about my own day is kind of boring me.. but this has become my means of procrastinating from doing any homework, so I don't want it to end. Yeah, school's tomorrow.. ten normal days left plus five days of finals. I can definitely survive it but really.. any effort on my part is starting to seem more and more unlikely. This later part of the year has really exhausted me and I'm completely ready for it to be over, as I have said.

Wow. Mindless bitchings about school again. It really is time to end. By the way though, I'm not especially impressed by Day & Age presently. Not bad, but definitely nowhere near Hot Fuss, or Sam's Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment