Saturday, July 4, 2009

So today I went to the drive-ins with my family. We've been seeing a lot of movies lately.. and I think it's because it's the one thing we can do that counts as "family time" but limits our actual interaction with one another to the point where it is nearly impossible for anything to go completely wrong. The only thing that sucked was that due to shitty screen location, I had to watch Transformers, again, instead of watching The Hangover like I had planned. Surprisingly, Transformers was just as sub-par as I remembered: far too long, a bit too nerdy, and overwhelmed with Megan Fox and her always constant facial expression for emotions like fear or joy. This face loosely resembling her sucking a dick.

But I guess it was an all around good time. I was re-introduced to the definition of "white trash" and I started thinking about the 4th of July, which - I guess - is officially today, actually. For the first time in as long as I can remember we are doing ABSOLUTELY nothing this fourth of July. Which is fine with me, really, because I've kind of started to realize that holidays.. they're not about absorbing yourself in the company of others as much as they are about eating. Every major and even minor holiday is really only celebrated by eating. As if we, as a society, can really be like - you really deserve this opportunity to eat more of the food that you would've felt guilty about eating had it been any other day.

I guess that was my food-rant.. and on a completely unrelated note: I finally blew out my iPod headphones today! I'm almost reveling in this fact, though I'm not entirely sure why. It might have to do with the fact that these headphones are about six years old, and have wires hanging out absolutely everywhere. I'm actually surprised they didn't die sooner. But now I'm faced with a life altering decision of whether I spring for the expensive, yet quality Bose headphones.. or should I just buy more of the basic iPod ones..? A troubling question I'm sure will keep anyone reading this up late into the night. And on the note of staying up late into the night thinking about incorporeal (smart word of the blog - ha! )
things.. I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment