Saturday, October 3, 2009

AGH! Okay. So I was watching the Party in The U.S.A. music video this morning because a bunch of people were posting online how trashy it was (and it's fucking catchy, but I'm pretending like I'm above that fact). So I'm listening to the song and my mom comes in and says "What's this song? I like it!"
Me: "Oh. It's er- the new Miley Cyrus song."
Her: "It's really, really good! I like it a lot"
Me: "Yeah.. that's the first time you've ever said that about anything I've listened to"
Her: "I know.. I don't really like your music, it's pretty bland."

So then, when we were in the car driving to soccer this morning I made this playlist in an attempt to prove how un-bland (?) my music taste was. First song: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, then she asked me to change the song. Next song, Regina Spektor, and she told me it was boring; Andrew Bird, same reaction.

I'm pretty sure I'm adopted.

1 comment:

  1. Rebekah! I appreciate your music, let me adopt you and tell you how bland Miley Cyrus is.

    .. meant in the least creepy way possible :)

    ReplyDelete