Monday, August 24, 2009

Today has been amusing. We spent the day with my dad's cousins, which has actually been strangely enjoyable despite the fact I really barely know them.

There's my Dad's cousin Peter who's a doctor, and is apparently who my brother was named after. He's funny. He sounds EXACTLY like Kevin Spacey. His sister's dog is absolutely in love with him and at one point he said: "You're a dog, you've always been a dog - this relationship could never work!" It amused me to no end. Every time I meet him though (which is around once a year or two) he shakes my hand and acts like we've never met one another. I'm not sure if he's doing that for my sake or his own. Though, I'm not really bothered if he doesn't remember me too much. He has so many other things to think about. 10 years ago his family lived in Zimbabwe to volunteer in helping re-build villages there or something? I'm not entirely sure, but his whole family is in a completely different world than my own.

Peter's sister: Anne, is equally as curious. She was a nun but at the same time remarkably cool? She loves reading and well, she's just brilliant. She was telling us a story about how back when she lived in a convent in the 70s, and they were cleaning the place out and found a gun. And how she thought it almost would've been cool to keep it. Now, just the thought of a nun finding it completely bad ass to own a gun is just funny to me.

Not to mention, I enjoy both of them because a doctor even told me he finds Thoreau dry and feels bad about all my summer work.

In addition to today, I think I broke my little toe, which is ridiculous as I have now broken both my pinky finger and toe. Though, luckily, I don't think this toe will turn out nearly as awkward looking as my finger. Peter told me it was probably broken, but I shouldn't waste my time with the emergency room and getting x-rays, because all I can really do is tape the thing..


No comments:

Post a Comment