Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today, my Dad was in complete awe at my desire to not get anything at dunkin donuts or even a soda before SAT Prep this morning. It bothered him so much that over the course of the day he kept mentioning things like "You know you're not fat, right?" or "You have my genes, you can eat and eat and eat and you probably won't gain a pound!" It was cute, and he really isn't as bad as I build him up to be in my mind. I feel so overwhelmingly average in the way I manage to consistently label and stereotype other people when everyone is so uniquely static.

Oh. Weird story. My parents were telling me how at my (twin) brother's U12 soccer game today, the Venerini Coach yelled at one of his players: "Stop being such a fucking pussy!" in the middle of the game. Magically the ref managed to overlook it, but every single player and every parent on the sidelines hear it. I mean seriously? You're at a U12, town soccer game for fucks sake.. people are strange. Brilliantly different and wonderful, but equally.. insufferable.

REAL MUSIC SUGGESTION OF THE DAY TODAY: Islands - The xx, and try Crystalised while you're at it. Such an awesome CD, and seeing as I've put in the actual effort to bold this, I'm clearly very serious.

And on a music related note, I really hate Paradise Rock Club in Boston and their elitist 18 and older requirement for nearly every band that comes there. What a joke. Or atleast, I'll hate the rule until I'm 18, and as soon as that happens I'll be so glad the "youngsters" won't be able to get in and ruin the concert experience for me.

2 comments:

  1. the Paradise is the most amazing place to see a show! I saw Jack's Mannequin there in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? every concert i even look into trying to see there is 18+ and it's driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete