Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today an application from Harvard arrived in the mail. No one in my fam sent out for it or anything so my parents have basically not stopped shitting their pants over it.

"REBEKAH, DO YOU REALIZE THAT NOT EVERYONE RECEIVES THIS?!?!"
"REBEKAH, YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU GO THERE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR LIFE. ANYTHING."
"REBEKAH.. HARVARD FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR ACADEMICS! THIS IS WONDERFUL."

Fuck me. I'm sure that every member of the board of admissions at Harvard is pissing himself right now in anticipation of my response. Seriously. I cannot wait for a summer of college tours with these people. In fact, I cannot wait for a summer of increasing isolation mixed with a shoddy sense of self-confidence all rolling together to produce my alter-ego Emo Bitch 2.0 - a whining mess of a wench in the preemptive stages of becoming a crazy cat or pigeon lady. I haven't yet decided which I prefer. Cat seems like the obvious decision, but something about Home Alone 2 made the thought of just living in a random music hall prime. Plus, those pigeons were at her beck and call. If she wanted to mess someone up, you can bet your ass she would send those pigeons after them and they would fuck shyt up.

I'm really afraid of the summer.. like more afraid than I am of finals or rabid dogs or things touching my eyes. The entire problem lies within the fact that the concept of summer holds so much potential, and every year I'm like "OH SHIII SUMMER OF FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE/JUNIOR/SENIOR YEAR. THIS IS THE BIG ONE.." aaand then nothing happens. And what we end up with is this gaping black hole of dissapointedness. Now that I think about it, this sort of thing occurs all the time - like holidays. Come on, Christmas, Birthdays, Halloween, New Years, etc. = all huge examples of annual disappointments.. yet, they last a day so it's easy to forget the wreck that they are and, instead, just gloss over to their perfect facade. On the other hand, though, with summer.. that's a solid 60 days of just total baloney (bologna? whaaa) that you have to just straight up deal with..

But anyway.. sUmMaH tEnZiEz, let's gooo.. <3>

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Harvard has a Cat/Pigeon Wench concentration though...

    ReplyDelete